Students in kindergarten through 12th grade are eligible to be screened for Gifted and Talented (GT) and Talent Explore (TE) in Austin ISD through a nomination and screening process.
Students may be identified through the screening process in one or more of the following areas:
- GT STEM (science and mathematics),
- GT Humanities (language arts and social studies),
- Talent Explore STEM (science and mathematics), or
- Talent Explore Humanities (language arts and social studies).
Gifted and Talented nomination windows for 2019-2020:
- 3rd - 5th grade: September 9th-September 20th
- Kindergarten - 2nd grade: November 4th- November 15th
Please contact Asst. Principal Christine Ruiz at email@example.com for any questions regarding the GT and/or TE programs.
For additional information please view the gifted and talented page on the Austin ISD website: https://www.austinisd.org/advancedacademics/gifted.